Tuesday, 10 August 2010

..hhhmmm....eureka anyone?

Everyone has that "eureka" moment. You know, the one where you get slapped in the face really hard with the realisation of something. People have a near death experience or almost lose someone they love, lose a job, hit rock bottom...something happens and a switch flips. In that moment they face something; they may not realise that they weren't facing this particular issue, they may have been avoiding it...but in that moment they face it, and make a decision.

I had one of those recently. No loss of a loved one, no near death experience, but a lost love came back to me....well into my life...and I had to face the facts, that the situation I was in, just wasn't the right situation for me. Eureka! the months of not feeling "right" were not just some (as some people want to tell me) runaway bride, scared of commitment/life/happiness, feeling. It was a subconscious cry for help. So back to the "all things in their own time", the time came for me to face facts and it took a 10 minute conversation about nothing in particular to help me get to that point.

Don't get me wrong, a decision on my life wasn't made by someone else's suggestion or idea. It just took this particular incident to make me admit to myself what I already knew in my heart/gut. I suppose sometimes avoidance, not dealing with the niggling doubts, and ignoring your gut when it's talking to you (no those sounds are the hungry worms...not that) is easier and less scary than just doing what is going to be the best thing for you, especially when your decision will impact others.....sometimes the selfish (seemingly) decision is the right one, so let that eureka moment come to you in whatever shape or form it chooses and run with it, not away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment