Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Shoes

I don't think men will ever understand the love a woman has for shoes. I remember the episode of SATC where Carrie was trying to buy her apartment and she said something to the effect that she'd have nowhere to live but $40 grand worth of shoes. I completely understood where she was coming from. I have a love affair with shoes. And I don't mean like those people who ''love'' inanimate objects ( there was a documentary on them, um....to each his own I guess, I mean the woman who 'loves' a wooden fence has no worry of catching an STD, pretty sure a splinter is easier to get rid of).

The other day I had a conversation with someone and the topic of shoes came up. He was telling me the price of something, and I shot back with my usual answer when I hear a price that my spirit doesn't take ''you know how many shoes I could buy with that''. It's not a question, it's not a rhetorical question, it's a statement. He obviously didn't know this and went on to give me 'that' look and asked me if I'd rather have shoes than somewhere to live. Without a thought about it I said ''DUH''. I am hoping that he was just being facetious, because he's known me long enough to know not to ask me silly questions where shoes are concerned.

I don't want to say 'he told me so' but um..where on earth did I get all these shoes. I just found 30 pairs of shoes in their boxes, and I won't even say how many I found in the downstairs cupboard. Not to mention the amount I had shipped home last year. However when the shock wears off I know it will be like a reunion of old friends (and some new, because I realise that I've never worn some of them, hell I didn't even remember where some came from).

Yet somehow I'm still trawling shoe sites online and drooling over shoes I can never in this lifetime afford unless I win the lottery or Manolo, Choo and Louboutin decide to be kind to a poor child of the 3rd world and give me shoes. Or marry a man like BIG who will indulge my shoe fetish and build me a fabulous closet in which to store them.

I'll leave you now because I've just spied a big sack full of bags and that's a whole nother post right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment