Tuesday, 8 April 2008

feeling poetic

i want to write you out of my
system
let the ink exsanguinate
like the blood in your veins
bleed out until
empty
ink cartridges sputter and spit
the last of their
essence onto my page
can i write you
out of my life
how many years
to a line
can i compress
our life
your life
with me
to a few pages in
a book
a few lines
on a leaf
i want to write you out of my system
but i don't know
where you end
and i begin
like cursive on my page
you
we
just flow for days
can i write you
out of my life
using ink blots
to block
the memories
that leave my pen
and
caress my soul
manipulate my mind
and
creep up my thighs
touching the invisible ink
that you always
could
extract
from me
i need to write
you out of my life
i'm scared i'll run out of pages
before the ink dries
and decide
to leave you
blank chapters
on which to write

No comments:

Post a Comment