Friday, 8 February 2008

Sunny Days

It's a sunny day in jolly old England and I'm enjoying the break in the monotamy of cold rain and harsh wind. I'm enjoying it in bed, because once you've lived here long enough, you know the sunny days are also the coldest.
Blogger seems to be having a problem with spell checker and picture upload, so please forgive me if my spelling is off.
As a popular song states 'it's a new dawn it's a new day it's a new life....and I'm feeling good'. I have some goals that I'd like to achieve and some hights that I'd like to reach. I can't say for certain that I'm going get to where I want to go, but all I can do is try. I think my optimisn is returning, it went on a loooooong vacation and I'd begun the believe that it wasn't going to come back.
But I guess when life throws limes at you, you just have to get tequilla and salt and have a really good time.
For instanace, I've been job hunting for months now and I've found nothing. Either I've got too little experience or the job is great, but the pay and location are so off kilter that I'd be better for me to grab one of my many hats and sit on Oxford street with a dog I borrowed from the pound for the day. However someone once fed me a line about realists and pessimists and while I find him rather condesending at times and that was probably his way of fobbing me off, he had a point. I can't sit and wallow away (that's why I'm on a diet now). So what am I doing, well I'm still looking for that elusive job. E-mailing my resume and mailing out my CV and applying for anything that seems at all interesting. And I'm taking the 'bum' time to read all the books I've been wanting to but school and work made impossible. I'm painting again, making soap again and generally trying to enjoy the fact that I've got a roof over my head, food in my house and working heat and water and cable tv.
If I had to do it all over again, there are things I'd do differently. I could have gone to chef school, but I'd never survive in a professional kitchen. I'm quite happy cooking in my own kitchen thank you.Ahhh the things that I would do differently would take up a lot of space and time, and one day I'll probably post about it, but that's for another day. Right now I'm going to get out of bed, do some exercise and have a light lunch. I will reach that goal of mine to drop 10 lbs. And I'll do it right and in my own time.
The sunshine is calling my name so I think I'm going to brave the cold and take a walk and, well I'd say enjoy the fresh air, but I do live in London. LOL (yeah me go out for no reason into the cold...I'm fooling no one am I?)
Hope you guys are having a sunny day wherever you may be.

**UPDATE** 4:45pm

I just got back from a walk, it wasn't all that cold. It actually was *dare I say it* warm very warm for this time of day and year. It felt like late spring. So there I even surprise myself sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Aha! I finally get to know whats going on in your head. Wait do I want to know. Oh no its too late! just kidding, love ya much welcome to the world of Blogging.

    ReplyDelete