Saturday, 9 February 2008

Madungo johnnycake/doughboy and buljol

Another sunny day and warm I mean seriously warm. I can hardly contain my excitement. I know it won't last so I take what I get.
My mom is visiting me and so I of course took full advantage of this and had her make madungo bakes. Well she made a doughboy, but still :). For those of you who don't know, Madungo is the starch from arrowroot. It's not what we export, but It's probably better for you that the flour that has had all the nutrients bleached. Anyway I did the buljol (saltfish, with sweet peppers, tomato, onion, black pepper and some olive oil) and had a nice little feast today. With me, it's *belly come fuss*.
I was very happy until I started looking at this application form which explains to me that I have to pass a test by at least 75% on living in the UK. So I now feel as though I'm back in school trying to gather bits and pieces of info to pass this test. *SIGH* So here I go trying to learn all over again. Well after CSI, can't miss CSI ah tahl!

No comments:

Post a Comment